Senior Mechanical Engineer
Oil and Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is looking to appoint Senior Mechanical Engineers based in our Surrey office; providing expertise and design knowledge on a variety of UK New build Nuclear multi disciplinary projects.
- Minimum BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related subject/suitable equivalent experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards with Membership of IET or CIBSE.
- Significant experience working in a design consultancy – experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Proven experience working in a design consultancy in the nuclear sector in the capacity of designer and technical authority
- Exceptional skill and knowledge of working in a design consultancy
- Proven track record of working in a design consultancy in the Nuclear sector in the capacity of designer and technical authority.
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language.
- Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
- To undertake Mechanical Building Services design onUKand international projects
- Preparation of design calculations on industry standard software
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Carrying out design calculations on a variety of buildings
- Preparing drawings for drafting by our in-house CAD team
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Checking design calculations, drawings and specifications prepared by others on a variety of buildings within different sectors i.e. schools, hotels, offices, leisure facilities, MOD buildings, transportation buildings, Airports etc
- Coordination between M&E disciplines across multi discipline team
- Report to the Lead M&E Engineer and be responsible for:
- Ensure mechanical design quality is maintained
- Input to and maintain set budgets for implementation of design elements
- Raise RFI’s during mechanical design development
- Review development of established standard details and specifications
- Manage production of standard mechanical details/specifications
- Resource management across the mechanical package
- Strategic technical direction to the mechanical team
- Technical responsibility for Quality associated with mechanical deliverables
- Review of all mechanical submissions
- Deputise for the Lead M&E Engineer in his absence
If this position is of interest to you then please contact Fiona Currie on 01925 851777