Managing Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is currently looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to be based in the South East and London
Our client is a joint venture between to deliver the South London Network Stream for Thames Water. The Framework is worth £220m over a 5 year period. The unincorporated JV is a 50/50 split.The Managing Surveyor will be responsible to the Commercial Manager and Lead Managing Surveyor operating in the South East from our regional office at Esher, Surrey.
Main Purpose of Job:
The Managing QS will have commercial responsibility for a number of projects (VMR or Non VMR) and will undertake the following:
- Management of Senior Quantity Surveyors and others
- Prepare monthly applications for payment using Dema reports
- Develop monthly cost/value reconciliations using Dema reports
- Prepare monthly contract cost/value/cash-flow forecasts and reporting using Dema reports
- Subcontract procurement and subcontract contract/payment administration
- EES data capture
- Demand Forecasting
- Spend tree data capture
- Final account settlement
All commercial aspect of their assigned projects:
- Ensuring timely submission and accurate applications for payment
- Cost/value reconciliations and cost/value/cash-flow forecasts
- Ensuring Subcontractors are pre-qualified and performance reviewed in accordance with BMS requirements
- Presentation of data in Thames Water agreed format.
- Final account submission, negotiation and agreement within Contractual Timescales
- Assigning members of his team individual responsibilities for the duration of the contract.
- Review of training and development needs of his team, as well as carrying out performance appraisals
- Highly developed numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with excellent numeric presentation skills
- A detailed understanding of cost ledgers / cost and value reconciliations and cost forecasting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages with expertise in Microsoft Excel, spending analysis and evaluation
- Expertise in sub-contract cost management, preparation of work packages, negotiation, payment and final account agreement.
- Knowledge of Thames Water contract working practices will be advantageous
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Degree level qualified, Preferably BSc / HND in Quantity Surveying; Ideally Professionally Qualified
- 5 years experience in water / waste water industry.
- 5 years experience working in the commercial section of long term partnering / framework programmes of work.
For further information please contact Kathryn Dawber at email@example.com