Area Engineering Manager
- Job Type:
Position: Area Engineering Manager
Location: Cumbria - Flexibility to Work from Home
Type: 12 Month Temporary Contract
Our client has a requirement for an Area Engineering Manager with an experienced background in the Engineering industry who will be required to work on a 12 Month Temporary Contract basis. This Requirement will be based in Cumbria but will have the flexibility to be homebased.
• To undertake Area Engineering Management duties on projects as directed by the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) within the Remediation Beta/Gamma Programme.
• To lead a team of multi-discipline engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of Decommissioning projects, including oversight of supply chain delivery.
• To undertake elements of the Principal Designer role as directed by the PEM.
• Input to engineering delivery strategies. Scope definition and specification. Identification and management of risks.
• Definition and co-ordination of product verification activities.
• Delivery of design solutions in line with legal and site licence requirements. Stakeholder engagement. Design resource strategy.
• CDM - Pre-construction Information, Health & Safety File, Design Risk Assessment.
Essential Skills / Requirements:
• Minimum 7 years within the previous 10 years working in roles where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute. In addition, the last 5 years will have been working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles where professional engineering judgement is the key attribute.
• Familiarity with CDM regulations and duties.
• Capable of meeting the requirements for a P4 pass.
• Experience of nuclear decommissioning projects.
• Experience of project delivery.
• Monitored or Classified worker.
• Higher Education Qualification in Engineering, preferred MEng.
• Chartered Engineer.
Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Area Engineering Manager’s looking for new employment.