Senior Lead Developer
- Job Type:
- £25 - 29 per hour
Senior Lead Developer
12 months duration
Location - WFH / Worcester / Epsom / London
Group IS has developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include: getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
Purpose of the Role
Lead Integration Engineer to support the delivery of multi-organisational integration projects and enterprise data-warehouse (including MDM, ODS and historic, modelled data).
The ideal candidate will be an experienced software developer with a background in building data pipelines, who enjoys optimising systems as well as building them from the ground up. The position holder will support our software developers, architects and analysts on initiatives and will ensure the optimal delivery architecture is applied throughout ongoing and future projects
Create and maintain optimal integration solutions including data pipeline architecture
Follow agile methodologies during delivery including managing stakeholders effectively
Lead and coach a team of onshore and offshore developers to deliver solutions for the global business, ensuring career development is managed effectively
Work with business analysts and our customers to define stories and sprints of work ensuring business requirements are converted effectively to technical solutions
Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using on-premise SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
Build, using Power BI outputs that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
Work with stakeholders including the business leaders, product & data teams to assist with technical issues and support their infrastructure need.
Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries and compliant with client requirements where necessary
- Experience delivering integration solutions using modern software technologies and techniques:
- Backend Technologies: ASP.NET Core using C#, Entity Framework Core
- UI Technologies: AngularJS, Angular (TypeScript), Razor Pages, Blazor
- A successful history of using DevOps best practises including backlog management, Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) with Azure DevOps
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experiences with on-premise SQL services: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Web Apps, Hybrid Connections, Storage, Application Insights, Containerization, Azure Active Directory, Azure Automation, Key Vault, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Bricks, PowerBI
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels.