Divisional Reporting Accountant
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Divisional Reporting Accountant
Our client has a requirement for a Divisional Reporting Accountant, who will be required to work on a Permanent basis in Uxbridge.
- Proactively identify gaps in processes or opportunities for improvement. Work with multiple stakeholders to agree and implement an improvement plan.
- Document and Streamline processes so they are optimised and support automation where possible, to enable increased focus on value added activities.
- Create and maintain a rolling plan for key activities to ensure roles, responsibilities and deadlines are agreed, documented and progress is communicated.
- Prepare month-end Finance reporting Pack, Monthly Management report and other analysis assigned to the role.
- Coordination of the Month end and Quarter end timetables and Schedules.
- Insurance Accounting – including proactive communication with other Finance teams.
- Responsible for ensuring Other Income Statement line items are recorded and analysed including Other Income, Other Expense and FX.
- Address local and corporate management queries to ensure a thorough understanding of the results is achieved.
- Coordinate non-recurring, unadjusted differences and uncertainty reporting.
- Reporting structures including Profit Centre and Cost Centre Hierarchies.
- GL Account and Group Account structures.
- Pre and post cons validations and issue resolution and act as key focal point for the Consolidations team.
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet - SAP & BI Reporting.
- Key Focal Point and Coordinator for the Development Asset Impairment review; proactively work with multiple stakeholders to plan and prepare Impairment reviews.
- Work with the Asset managers to review the indicators and prepare related calculations, memos and supporting documentation.
- Coordination of the Group and Legal Entity Audits for the UK upstream companies.
- Budgeting & Outlook of Insurance working with key stakeholders.
- Plan, Coordination of periodic Full year Outlook analysis, meetings and actions.
- Summarise Outlook changes for communication to Management.
- Coordinate the Budget SAP load and validation process and facilitate items not managed by other teams.
- Consolidated Divisional Budget Reporting and Validations.
- Preparation of Legal Entity Board packs for the upstream Companies.
- Overall Coordination and Stewardship of all Balance Sheet accounts to ensure proactive management, effective controls, standardisation and issue resolution.
- Prepare account reconciliations and analysis assigned to the role to ensure accuracy and proactively bring any irregularities to resolution.
- Coordinate Quarterly review of the Account Analysis Binder and proactively work with other Finance team members to ensure actions are documented and closed.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Able to demonstrate initiative and naturally inquisitive.
- A quick learner with a structured approach to problem solving.
- A strong attention quality and self-review.
- Flexibility in their working style to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Plan and Coordinate activities across teams to tight deadlines.
- A highly effective communicator who will be able to adapt their style to different audiences at all levels in the organisation including being able to summarise, communicate and explain at a high level.
- SAP and BI experience.
- Qualified Accountant with a grounding in IFRS.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Divisional Reporting Accountant’s looking for new employment.