Graduate Application Scientist
- Product Design
- Job Type:
- £20k - 25k per year + benefits
- Graduate Opportunity!
- Basic Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
- Additional benefits
- Buckinghamshire based
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a niche engineering business that can offer you long-term stability even in the current market? They are a leading designer and manufacturer of a cutting-edge range of equipment, used in growing markets such as the electric car market. They bucked the trend in 2020 with record orders and growth, which has continued on into 2021. Recognised as one of the most innovative and technically advanced manufacturers globally, this would be a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate with a degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Physics.
The Role: Application Scientist
The role will be extremely varied, with the opportunity to do some really interesting lab work as well as becoming trained to perform equipment installations and customer training globally. You’d be visiting some of the most prestigious companies out there, as well as some smaller organisations and research institutes.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Managing your time within the lab, ensuring all contract tests are carried out within a reasonable timescale.
- Running through the data, forming an analysis and creating reports for customers.
- Supporting other departments such as NPD and Sales.
- Providing customers with support over the phone and via email.
- Using your problem solving ability to generate ideas for unusual test requirements.
- Travel internationally to conduct installations.
The Candidate: Application Scientist
The successful candidate will consider themselves to be meticulous with excellent time management skills. You will also have:
- A degree within either chemical engineering, material science, physics, chemistry, engineering or something similar.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- An inquisitive mind.
- Willing to travel internationally.
To be commutable to the office you could live in or near one of the following locations: Woburn, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Newport Pagnell, Olney, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. Please contact Ashlea Harland to discuss this position in more detail.
Required skills • Chemical Engineering • Chemistry • Data Analysis • Lab Testing • Lab Technician