- Job Type:
Harwell – Currently Remote
12 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Cost Engineer who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis. This requirement will be based in Harwell but is currently remote working and is flexible.
As a Cost Engineer your main responsibilities would be:
- Accountable for day-to-day collection of all project cost / financial information.
- Generating and reporting regular project financial data such as spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasts, completion costs etc.
- Input or update budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s).
- Assist the Project with client invoices for progress payments, final payments, and release of retainage.
- Prepare / collate inputs into the weekly and monthly reporting on cost flow forecast, cash flow forecast and cost value reporting.
- Involvement in the development of Bottom Up Forecasts
- Provide project financial data to weekly project team meetings
- Prepare and assist the Project(s) in the preparation of Change Proposal / EWN estimates.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other Project related personnel to ensure that all costs are accounted for.
- Assistance in raising Contractual variation and Compensation Event Notices.
- Monitor contingency usage in-line with risk trigger / retirement dates and mitigation strategies / activities.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
- 5+ years of experience is required.
- Cost Planning experience.
- Numerate and competent with financial concepts, cost tracking and reporting.
- Highly orderly, methodical and process driven.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good general office computer skills.
BPSS Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Cost Engineer’s looking for new employment.