Senior Project Manager
- Rail & Transport
- Job Type:
Senior Project Manager
6 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Senior Project Manager, who will be required to work on a 6 month contract basis in Milton Keynes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agree terms of reference.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
- Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
- Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
- Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
- Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- To manage the Industry Technology Strategy Project.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Significant proven track record in delivering projects of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change.
- Significant experience in leading project management and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
- Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
- Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
- Proven track record in managing staff performance / underperformance and developing high performing staff and teams.
- High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
- Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
- Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery / development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
- Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting.
- Excellent communication skills to the stakeholders.
- Experience in IT infrastructure applications and cloud based applications – database applications – software development.
- Experience in Word, excel, Power BI, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry or equivalent.
- Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P – Certified Project Manager, Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2).
- Experience of real time data capture across a large geographical area would be desirable as the candidate would be project managing the upgrade of geographically disperse networked systems across Great Britain.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior Project Manager’s looking for new employment.