- Rail & Transport
- Job Type:
6 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a HSEA Specialist, who will be required to work on a 6 month contract basis. This requirement will be remote working with some site visits to Wales & the Western region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties will include operation and co-ordination of the work within established management systems, ensuring it complies with current legislation policy, instructions and status of the project.
- Review document, administration, attend meetings. Attending site for documentation reviews, investigations and construction.
- Provision of advice and guidance to staff regarding health, safety, assurance and environmental matters within their geographical scope.
- To carry out risk-based inspections of the function’s worksites and sites where the function’s activities take place.
- To support Line Management in compliance with the Company Accident & Investigation process and assist where required in the collation of evidence.
- To support Line Management in undertaking Work Activity Risk Assessments, Line Management Checks, Line Management Tours etc.
- To support the delivery of the NCAP / Functional integrated audit plan.
- To provide support to the Regional / Programme / Major Projects teams in the collation of workforce health, safety and environmental data.
- To manage the assessment and development of the safety and environmental aspects of supplier contract documentation where relevant.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Need to have an understanding and ability to interpret and apply health, safety, environmental legislation and policy to the project.
- An understanding of the principles and techniques of the system, safety and environmental management and be able to apply them under supervision.
- Should be able to undertake and develop, basic assessment and analysis of safety and environmental risk, safety and environmental cases, and safety environmental requirements in specification changes to the SMS/EMS to ensure it is current.
- An understanding of the risk associated within the work they manage should be shared within the stakeholder community of the Project.
- National Examinations Board of Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH) – General Certificate or Construction Certificate.
- Knowledge of health and safety management system and compliance management processes.
- Knowledge and experience of railway operations and relevant standards.
- Rail – essential.
- Good risk assessment skills / knowledge.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Logical thinker
- Good I.T. skills.
- Internal auditor qualification.
- National Examinations Board of Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH) – Diploma.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for HSEA Specialist’s looking for new employment.