- Job Type:
6 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Safety Engineer, who will be required to work on a 6 month contract basis in Derby.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Supervise and produce reports including calculations, analyses, and designs to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues.
- Author and update major technical documents to present technical findings (e.g. design substantiation reports, safety justifications).
- Lead requirements capture activities to identify the scope of work required.
- Liaise with plant operators, designers and maintainers.
- Support bidding activities and produce proposal documents.
- Manage task delivery against Time, Cost and Quality requirements.
- Support the QA process through review or checking colleagues' work.
- Lead presentations to clients.
- Lead or work within project teams (though some independent work, including placements at clients' sites, may be required).
- Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of your own work and maintain Clients reputation.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Degree-qualified or equivalent in a science, or engineering subject (physics, or mechanical, electrical, chemical or process engineering).
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality, complex technical solutions in challenging timescales.
- The ability to apply existing technical expertise and a sound understanding of engineering principles to varied projects and domains.
- A desire to be challenged and to contribute to the success of the business.
- Detailed knowledge of the design aspects of PWR systems.
- Appreciation of PWR nuclear components and equipment, i.e. Valves, Installations, Vessels, Heat Exchangers or Pumps.
- An understanding of systems safety assessments and tools (e.g. Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, reliability modelling).
- Experience in Safety Justification authoring and safety case development.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Safety Engineer’s looking for new employment.