- Job Type:
Our Client has a requirement for a Procurement Manager, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Ireland.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Deliver both the financial and non-financial targets.
- Develop and deploy European category strategy.
- Deliver the category programme(s) through great execution under his/her area of responsibility. Manage and optimize the roll out of innovation at scale and create the ability to tackle untapped opportunities and white-space spend as they emerge.
- Deliver excellence benefits through sourcing, demand management, supplier relationship management, contract management, supplier development and supplier innovation.
- Drive value through ensuring the commercial elements of spend within Customer Capex are executed brilliantly with our Suppliers / Agency Partners.
- Deploy demand management techniques in order to avoid wastage and pursue best in class spend practices.
- Lead and implement ongoing supplier performance through the setting of rigorous performance and through the application of a robust supplier review mechanism within a Total Contract Ownership approach.
- Work closely with the Europe Category Manager and Global Procurement to support best practice models for sourcing, cost models, SRM/SPM, benchmarking and e-sourcing.
- Support Global and Local Procurement Category teams with relevant market, insights, input and builds for category strategies.
- Lead local market sourcing and supplier relationship management activity across Customer Capex (incl. Dispense) category using Way of Category Management process methodology.
- Partner with stakeholders across strategic business areas; Customer Operation, Innovation, Finance, Legal and Supply, ensuring full engagement to maximize commercial advantage, minimize risk and assuring quality of delivery and performance.
- Work closely with finance and tactical procurement teams to ensure correct spend reports and deep dive analysis.
- Support procurement productivity agenda.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and compliance consistently.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience (professional qualification in Supply Chain preferred).
- Fluent in English.
- 3+ year experience working across Supply Chain/Procurement areas in an FMCG environment.
- Experience in Supply Chain process management at both an operational and strategic level in a multi-country environment would be highly beneficial.
- Proven experience in key procurement skills including negotiation, forecasting and benchmarking.
- Strong analytical skills, including forensic understanding of the cost drivers to target and influence costs through end-to-end value.
- Commercial acumen, understanding of the business and judgment.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Objectively challenges established practice to stimulate alternative thinking.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Procurement Manager’s looking for new employment.