- Job Type:
- Market related
Woking – Hybrid working
A Commercial Manager is required to join the Engineering and Consultancy Services (ECS) business on a permanent basis based in Woking, UK.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work from home 2 days per week.
Main purpose of the role:
Act as a focal point for ECS on all matters relating to Commercial.
- Commercial focal point for the assigned ECS service lines.
- Manage the contracts engineer in developing comprehensive contractual exceptions, modifications and qualifications of a legal and commercial nature.
- Participation in negotiations with clients, suppliers and third parties on acceptable terms and conditions during bid/award, variation and project execution phases.
- Ensuring that contracts are executed in compliance with Company policies and statutory regulations.
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender Documents and Evaluation of Tenders when assigned to external projects.
- The Commercial Manager will assist ECS in new country entry, new client, and agents from a commercial perspective.
- Reviewing ECS Proposals, Work Orders to Consultants and associated checklists from a contractual/legal standpoint.
- Scheduling, coordinating and leading risk review meetings.
- Maintaining effective communication and building strong relationships with internal departments including but not limited to compliance, tax, insurance, finance, legal and treasury.
- The Commercial Manager will be accountable for commercial risk identification, commercial risk mitigation and commercial risk management during the pre-award stage.
- Initiation and preparation of variations and claims to Client. Defending, negotiating and resolving claims with Client.
- Assist, evaluate and advise ECS management on contractual conflicts and claims with clients. In the event of a dispute, advise on the company’s position, information required in defense of or in pursuance of such.
- The Commercial Manager will assist in managing all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to ECS business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the post award stage.
- Ensure that the key contract terms and conditions are presented and understood by the Project Management and Commercial Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place from the pre award team.
- The Commercial Manager will attend/support internal and external audits as required.
- Assist in the development of relevant Commercial KPI’s.
- Any other duty as directed by the VP, Commercial or VP, Engineering and Consultancy Services.
Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for all commercial documents in ECS to the value of $40M.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating commercial risks in contracts and other legal documentation to the value of $40m+
- Bachelors degree relevant subject
- Consultancy & FEED experience
- Contract Negotiation and Commercial experience
- The ability to communicate with clients and internal stakeholders on complex commercial issues
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organisation skills.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Commercial Managers looking for new employment.