- Job Type:
- £64k - 67k per year
Salary: £64,000 - £67,000
Pension: 7% employee, 14% employer
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging for our colleagues and therefore we ask our applicants to talk to us about any reasonable adjustments that may be required throughout our recruitment processes.
Purpose of the role
As a Transmission Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery, maintenance and repair of plant and circuits associated equipment at 11kV, 33kV and 132kV.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Hold a minimum of an HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering (essential);
- Have experience delivering construction projects at 11kV (essential) with experience at 33kV and 132kV (desirable);
- Hold minimum authorisation of 11kV SAP (essential);
- Hold SAP status at 33kV and 132kV (desirable);
- Have experience in 33kV and 132kV network operation and maintenance (desirable);
- Be focussed on providing excellent customer service (essential);
- Be an excellent verbal and written communicator;
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office;
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence (essential).
Principal responsibilities of the role
Key accountabilities of your role include:
- Delivering construction and maintenance projects at 11kV, 33kV and 132kV;
- Management of Transmission faults
- Day to day management of framework contractors;
- Managing Customer Interruptions (CI) and Customer Minutes Lost (CML) risk on the 33kV and 132kV network.
You will also demonstrate the following behavioural competencies:
- Thinking - Forward thinking - You can take a forward looking perspective when considering the delivery of decisions, activities and projects.
- Thinking - Analytical Thinking - You can analyse problems and identify key issues that need actions, assessing the situation in a systematic way, considering time sequences, priorities and you are able to draw logical conclusions from the data.
- Influencing - Concern for impact - You anticipate and respond to the needs of others in order to achieve an appropriate outcome. You are sensitive to the impact you have on others and you can modify your approach to influence the outcomes of your dealings with different people.
- Achieving - Results focus - You set objectives for yourself and others and ensure they are achieved within agreed parameters which in turn delivers successful business outcomes.
- Self-Managing – Tenacity - You are able to demonstrate repeated effort and resilience when overcoming a number of obstacles to achieve results, showing a positive attitude despite setbacks.
- Self-Managing – Flexibility - You adapt your thinking and behaviour to suit the requirements of different situations; you see the value of an alternative view and are receptive to changing circumstances.
You will work together with other maintenance, fault and construction engineers to revise the scheduling of individual projects / maintenance activities as required, to ensure the programme objectives are achieved as effectively and efficiently as possible, managing the risk of interruption to supply for our customers.
As a Transmission Engineer you must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently to manage programmes of work through effective planning and resource management; displaying effective leadership skills to control and coordinate work.
You will establish and maintain a flexible and adaptable approach to change, being able to respond rapidly and develop creative situations.
Dimensions of the role
Total number in team, including any colleagues who report mangers that come under the role – 26
Key relationships (Internal & External)
- Other Transmission and Distribution teams
- SLT/ELT interface
- Customer team
- The Hub