Assistant Project Manager
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Assistant Electrical Project Manager
Job Description for an Assistant Electrical Project Manager:
• Provision of a range of surveying and technical support activities to electrical engineering systems projects across the Estate, including planning, resource allocation, and budget management and the management of principle supply chains on site
• Identification, development and implementation of a wide range of electrical systems projects, supporting the company's contract obligations for asset management, and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance
• Preparation of supporting documentation for projects from feasibility assessments to post completion stages, such as business cases and cost / spend analysis
• Project impact assessment and options appraisal of electrical systems projects, including SWOT analysis and summary reporting to management team
• Co-ordination of electrical engineering systems projects with annual asset management and maintenance management planning, including planned preventative maintenance plans
• Attendance at site project meetings as required, ensuring accurate recording of minutes and actions agreed
• Management of project financial processes and procedures including invoicing and purchase orders, liaison with credit control and monitoring of payments and transactions with contractors consultants and third parties
• Support to and co-ordination of project procurement processes, including supplier selection and evaluation of tenders
• Preparation and production of project contract documentation, co-ordinating with other teams and departments across the company as required, under the supervision of the Project Manager
• Co-ordination, supervision, and monitoring of contractor support to ongoing electrical engineering systems projects, as well as consultant and third party inputs, including spot checks, and contract performance monitoring, ensuring company requirements for consistently high standards of quality and value are delivered
• Ensure all project management activities are compliant with all relevant health and safety regulations and industry good practice
• Ensure the company's Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) remains accurate and up to date in relation to electrical systems projects, including new asset installations
• Day to day operational support to the Project Manager.
• Attendance and completion of company training and development courses as required
• Work collaboratively supporting others when required.
• Provide support to other Assistant Project Managers as required
• Commitment to keep up to date with professional development (CPD) in industry developments in technical disciplines relevant to role
• Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times
• Complete any other tasks that are deemed within your area of competence
• Essential must hold a full U.K driving Licence (will be expected to drive between sites in Medway)
• Able to obtain Security Clearance.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.