Project QC Manager
- Rail & Transport
- Job Type:
Project QC Manager
Contract (3-6 months)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Reporting functionally to the Senior Quality Manager and operationally to the C695 Project Manager, the Quality Manager is accountable for establishing, maintaining and ensuring implementation of the quality management system for the project and for the provision of independent audit and inspection regimes.
Value this role will provide to the project:
• Provides assurance that legal and contract obligations are being delivered
• Facilitates reduced cost of quality by delivery teams through the application of effective quality risk management and defect avoidance techniques
• Facilitates reduction of rework and improved efficiency by delivery teams through application of quality improvement tools such as root cause analysis, lean six sigma etc.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership and support for the team in delivering a product in line with specified quality
• Manage the certification and handover process as described in the Certification Procedure including oversight of the Certification Engineer.
• Provide independent verification of compliance with contract and legal obligations
• Ensure through forward planning that there is sufficient competent resource to provide all the necessary functions within the quality team, including independent inspection
• Ensure that the quality systems enable the project to be delivered in the most effective way and in line with the aspirations and objectives of both the business and Crossrail regarding construction quality, cost, programme, risks, safety and sustainability
• Maintain and improve the quality management system (the Contract Quality Plan and related plans, controls, procedures, tools and guidance) in conformance to ISO 9001:2015, corporate requirements and Contract requirements
• Ensure that all the necessary procedures for ensuring that the governance requirements with respect to self-certification are in place and are fully understood and implemented by the engineering and installation teams
• Provide support to the installation and engineering teams and the necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work in relation to quality
• Provide regular and clearly communicated reports and analysis on quality performance and KPIs to the whole project team, and support the team in meeting targets and continuous improvement (i.e. Audit, Surveillance, NCRs, ITPs, Certification)
• Deliver a programme of risk-based quality audits and surveillances covering the team, supply chain and designers including compliance with legal and contractual requirements
• Ensure the quality team provides support and assistance to other teams as necessary to ensure the effective implementation of the quality management system
• Participate in Supply Package procurement process to ensure all quality aspects are adequately included. This will include assessment of package quality risk pre-ITT, review of proposed suppliers pre-award and attendance at package kick-off meetings post-award.
• Review and accept subcontractor and supplier project-specific Quality Plans
• Review the quality elements of Method Statements and Work Package Plans
• Review ITPs prior to submission to Crossrail for acceptance
• Review and approve certification package review statements
• Develop and provide quality training for all personnel to include induction and training for staff with specific quality responsibilities
• Provide advice and instruction to installation teams to deal rapidly and effectively with quality non-conformities and complaints
• Ensure root cause analysis is used to identify improvement actions that have a high probability of preventing recurrence of non-conformity or error.
• Implement project continual improvement processes, including the Quality Improvement Plan and related tracker, lessons learned reviews, site quality observations, quality risk reviews etc.
• Raise and communicate Quality Alerts as necessary
• Approve corrective actions relating to QMS related non-conformance reports
• Maintain client liaison & co-operation
Required Competence and Attributes
Experience and Qualifications:
• Has appropriate experience of quality management and project delivery functions under self-certification contracts;
• Has good knowledge and practical experience of developing, implementing and improving ISO 9001 compliant quality management systems;
• Is a member of the Chartered Quality Institute
• Lead Auditor experience
Personal Values and Behaviours:
• Experience in face-to-face client contact and be customer focus
• Demonstrates strong leadership, communication, negotiation, persuasion skills at all levels
• Uses initiative and take accountability
• Is pro-active with a hands on approach
• Safe and environmentally sustainable
• Continuous Improvement approach
• A strong team player
Desirable Competence and Attributes:
• Knowledge of and experience in using quality improvement tools, such as root cause analysis, lean six sigma etc.
• Qualification and experience in leading internal & external audits
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.