- Job Type:
Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
We are currently recruiting for a Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation Maintenance Technician in the Haverhill area on a contract basis.
• Complete Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance activities to ensure production demands are met through the implementation of maintenance strategies on both process equipment and site facilities.
• Ensure adherence to GMP, safety, quality and validation protocols at all times.
• Uses predictive techniques to minimise maintenance costs and equipment downtime. Trouble shoots equipment and facilities failures and remediate identified issues.
• Provide core Electrical & Mechanical support on plant / site utility systems to include install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment Motors & Drives, L.V Control / Distribution systems and Electrical Statutory Testing,
• Understands and/or interprets blueprints, P&ID layouts, ladder logic and wiring diagrams in performing maintenance and repairs.
• Works on assigned activities carrying out routine and more complex maintenance tasks in accordance with strict departmental & company procedures.
• It is desirable that the candidate is cross-trained in both Electrical and Mechanical.
• Is willing to develop his/her skills to support a future multiskilled maintenance strategy.
• Has the ability to resolve standard & non-standard issues using previous experience and skills to identify solutions.
• Investigates discrepancies thoroughly and escalates more complex issues for diagnoses or approval of a planned solution to ensure a timely resolution of a problem.
• Makes recommendations to improve departmental 'ways-of-working', Planned Maintenance tasks and assists in the implementation of approved changes to support business & departmental activities.
• Has a good understanding of pro-active EHS practises and ensures at all times a close adherence to daily safe-systems-of-work such as Permit-to-work, Safe-plan-of-action, LOTO….etc.
• Generates standard statutory documentation.
• Has developed specialist skills relevant to the function and is striving to improve their personal development.
• Works independently within well-established and defined procedures under a limited degree of supervision.
• Escalates complex problems to more senior team members in a timely manner to lessen potential impact to departmental stakeholders.
• Actions impact on own work and the achievement of team goals.
• Completes routine and more complex technical tasks to help ensure the safe and effective function of systems and equipment on site.
• Will be assigned to key tasks requiring greater competence
• Liaises proactively and professionally with their peers and departmental stakeholders.
• Has the ability to converse effectively with external suppliers and communicate relevant technical information relating to own area.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experienced Required
• Will typically hold City & Guilds/ NVQ certificate or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
• Has demonstrated sustained competence in manufacturing maintenance and is
• Ability to produce clear and professional written reports, emails and work documents on a daily basis.
• Will typically have worked in a compliance environment (e.g quality, 5C standards, 7 waste prinicpals, defined procedures and policies)
• Has experience of working in a regulated industry e.g. pharmaceutical, Nuclear, or Food and beverage
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.