- Job Type:
- £400 per day
Lead Planner (Thames Water)
12 months +
Strong P6 experience and communicator.
Our Client is looking to strengthen their Planning team with a Lead Planner covering the infrastructure team for their joint venture framework. Based at the Borehamwood office you will manage and oversee a team of planners to maintain a standard that ensures consistency in schedule definition and development and delivers integrated strategic and sub programme plans.
This joint venture is delivering on behalf of Thames Water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Planning Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Work with the project managers to lead the delivery planning of infrastructure projects within a defined planning framework.
• Work with the alliance programme controls lead and teams in schedule development and milestone definition, in managing the alignment of scope, time and cost, coding, resource loading, applying logic and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress on schedules.
• Ensure month end reporting process is supported and achieved by the project teams
• Promote the development and coordination of schedules at project level assuming alignment and integration
• Apply critical path analysis and minimise organisational risk by identifying the critical path for contracts
• Enable project management to control the progress of contracts by identifying and producing integrated programme work, monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and other effects.
• Enable resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of contracts
• Enable control of the progress of procurement by producing schedules for all materials and equipment, updating regularly and analysing the implications of updates
• Regularly consult with project teams to ensure an accurate understanding of the work issues and representation of project status
• Staff management experience
• Civil Engineering/Infrastructure experience
• Extensive P6 planning experience
• Possess sound understanding of planning skills and programming
• Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline