GIS Support Analyst
- Job Type:
The GIS Support Analyst is responsible for assisting in the operational and development support of the Offshore Wind Management System. They are involved with the technical and graphical aspects of the product OWMS. They can also be involved with the maintenance and update of OWMS and ensuring quality is received from our third party developers.
GIS is central to OWMS and the GIS Support Analyst is expected to be the champion of the ArcGIS Server and provide assistance as needed to other group companies if required.
Your typical duties and responsibilities may include:
- Evaluating client needs and providing recommendations for the most appropriate tool or suite of tools.
- Implement recommendations to create solutions for project GIS data management problems.
Help create specifications to design and create front-end web user interfaces.
- Participate in design, implementation and maintenance of ArcGIS Server architecture (this will include liaising with other IT and technical specialists)
- Aid the design and build geoprocessing scripts to automate complex tasks
- Check and process incoming data for quality control and assessment criteria to provide a high quality formatted database for colleagues and clients to use
- Constantly assess the market for new developments to keep moving forward
- Assist the team in improving data management and analysis processes across the division by taking part in presentations and training activities
- Implement ongoing development and implementation of standards for day-to-day OWMS processes and data management
Assist team members in geospatial data digitising, analysis and mapping as part of reporting and analysis for OWMS customers.
Required skills –
- Experience in the application of ESRI ArcGIS suite of products including ArcGIS Server Online and Portal
- Understanding of administering and best practice of using databases such as MS SQL Server
- A grasp of python and arcpy for providing custom tools to improve workflows
- An understanding of database development (SQL)
Experience working with XML, JSON and GeoJSON a bonus
Knowledge of IIS7
The successful GIS Support Analyst will be required to have the following skills and experience.
Experience of GIS software specifically ArcGIS.
Experience of dealing with client GIS departments and end user requirements
Experience of software change management processes.
Experienced in managing the delivery of a wide range of high availability software applications.
Experience with SQL and data extraction
Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels including technical and non-technical.
Demonstrable experience of client support
Preferably knowledge of Offshore Renewables/Oil and Gas