UK Loan Ops Specialist
- Finance & Accounts
- Job Type:
UK Loan Operations Specialist
Purpose of a UK Loan Operations Specialist:
• Responsible for the completion of operational activities through the application of SME skills and experience of processing activities, instruction and training of colleagues, authorisation of colleagues work, problem solving and stakeholder management.
• Also responsible for ensuring that technical skills are continuously updated and expanded in line with business requirements.
Responsibilities as a UK Loan Operations Specialist:
• Completion of operational processes including full client on boarding, all payment and reconciliation processes and the most complex FX trades and activities
• Taking ownership of and deliver against internal and external stakeholder requests for information or clarification
• Authorisation of colleagues work to ensure that effective "maker/checker" controls are operated at all times
• Provision of effective coaching and training of the Operations Clerks
• Contribute to the planning of daily workloads and prioritization of team focus and resources in response to varying demands in BAU volumes and various stakeholders
• Escalation of important issues to senior colleagues, providing relevant summary information and recommendations for action
• Ensure that all activities are undertaken in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, timeline and quality standards; proactively challenge these standards and formulate recommendations for improvement
• Support the work of the team with external control functions such as audit and compliance personnel ensuring that accurate data is supplied - liaise with senior colleagues as required
• Recommend project, PCR and other change activity to senior colleagues in support of beneficial change; fully support subsequent activities including UAT testing
• Design, source and generate MI from various sources as required and ensure that reporting requirements are met
• Undertake all activities and communication with a strong customer focused approach and in a positive and collaborative way
• Proactively seeks explanation and clarification in pursuit of understanding and expansion of own skill base; is able to share this with colleagues and stakeholders in all aspects of role performance
• Able to support on an ad hoc basis, other operational teams, adapting skills and experience to demands
Requirements as a UK Loan Operations Specialist:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
• Previous experience in a banking operations environment, with specific expertise in respect of loan products, FX Operations, UK and International Payments as well as an Operational Risk focus.
• Able to work independently in a small team-oriented environment, providing focus on quality, efficiency, team and individual performance.
• Identify and work to deadlines use initiative
• Good stakeholder management skills
• Prioritize work independently
• Ability to resource plan is very important.
• Ability to quickly develop a full understanding of new products and processes.
• Demonstrate commercial awareness
• Commitment to personal development
• Strong communications skills - can work with colleagues at all levels of the business, including vendors or occasionally clients.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.