- Job Type:
- Market related
Job Title: Quality Advisor
Job Type: Permanent
The QHSE Advisor activities span the following key areas:
- Project based QHSE roles and activities
- Continuous Improvement
- Tendering Task
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Project Roles and Activities
Responsible for the project specific QHSE management arrangements associated with projects.
Responsible for the project specific QHSE management of suppliers working to their own processes/procedures.
In both cases, this includes:
- Ensuring minimum QHSE requirements are met
- Ensuring the Quality Plan(s) detail the correct procedures for the project
- Ensuring project specific processes/procedures/work instructions/forms are implemented to cover any interfaces/gaps created by the project requirements
- Ensuring staff are briefed on the processes/procedures/work instructions/forms to be used on the project
- Auditing project activities to ensure the project specific arrangements are adequately implemented and being followed
In all cases, ensuring the approach is appropriate to the scope of supply, e.g. COTS, MOTS, bespoke engineering.
- Ongoing assessment of engineering processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives such as visual management tools and ‘toolbox’ talks
- Supporting business audit activities
Site / Office QHSE Management – ensuring the facility is compliant to regulatory requirements for example Risk Assessments are reviewed and updated.
Key Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience in a Quality role with excellent people skills.
- Ideally have worked within a testing environment
- Excellent knowledge of ISO management systems, in particular ISO9001:2015, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001.
- Experience of dealing with certification bodies, and customers at all levels.
- Qualifications and/or experience with auditing processes.
- Experience\knowledge of continuous improvement tools
- Experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment and good working knowledge of process in these areas
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and decision making skills.
- Used to working In a fast moving project-based environment
- Tertiary qualification in a technical, Quality, or related discipline.