- Job Type:
- Market Rate
Electrical Supervisor (Thames Water)
4 Months +
Our client is looking to strengthen their operations team with an electrical supervisor for our joint venture framework. Based within the Thames water region you will be expected to supervise and control all site electrical activities in the most efficient manner.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed. Embracing diversity of all kinds enables our client to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
You will report directly to the site manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Support the Site Manager in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees, supply chain partners and visitors
• Ensure compliance with Control of Electrical Works E01 and The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• Check that all relevant documents adequately describe the work to be carried out and that all relevant HS&E documents are correctly recorded when received and that they are the latest version.
• Supervise work to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with Method Statements and Work Instructions from the Project Manager
• Record the progress of works on record drawings or other suitable means when required
• Inspect and record incoming materials and their documentation where required by the CMP
• Assist in planning
• Previous experience of working in the water and waste water industry
• Have previous experience within an electrical supervisor role writing electrical permits to work and controlling electrical health and safety on site
• Experience working with LV electrical switchgear and motor control centres
• Experience in electrical installations, cabling and building services
• Experience in control Systems, motor control and telemetry
• Experience in HV awareness
• 17th Edition Update and full working knowledge of BS7671
• ECS CARD and EUSR Card
• SMSTS or SSSTS Certificate
• City and Guilds Inspection and Testing Certificate 2394 and 2395 would be an advantage
• COMPEX Certificate and experience in DSEAR Regulations Would be an Advantage