Electrical Project Engineer
- Job Type:
- Market related
Electrical Project Engineer - Water Industry
Site: Trimpley Wood WTW (Kidderminster)
The preferred candidate will have experience with a main contractor working on Water Process Engineering projects within the Water sector, 17th Edition Wiring Regulations, qualified HND / Degree qualified in a Electrical Engineering Member of IET. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment, although must be able to self-manage
Demonstrate ability to challenge and deliver value engineering solutions.
The Electrical Project Engineer will be based at Trimpley Offices near Kidderminster with travel to Water Treatment Works and Sub Contractors Works expected as part of the role. The Project Engineer will be managing works as part of the following works:
· Trimpley Caustic Dosing.
· Draycote Caustic Dosing.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Electrical Project Engineer reports directly to the appropriate Project Manager, the fundamental requirement of this role is to have a track record of successfully managing the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) aspects of complex multi-disciplinary process projects.
Experience across EPC must be balanced in order that the challenges associated with successful delivery of all phases of projects are appreciated equally – this is a role that starts post feasibility through to commencement of construction on site.
Must be able to take consultant’s design, review and check. Develop scope of works, send out enquiry, commercial and technical bid analysis, placement of subcontract, manage subcontract design programme, review design from subcontractors
Key areas of responsibility include:
· To liaise with design and delivery partners to ensure that the best electrical solutions are selected and implemented for the framework
· Ensure technical input and expertise is best utilised
· Management of Electrical work scope through the Solution Pricing Stage to include:
o Production of Electrical Tender documents, ensuring intelligent battery limits are set and that there are definitions of project success and/or completion.
o Liaise with Quantity Surveyors to issue enquiry packs
o Manage supply chain tender queries
o Arrange supply chain site visits during the tender phase
o Complete commercial and technical bid analysis of electrical tender returns
o Propose preferred supplier to Project Manager and Quantity Surveyors
o Liaise with Project Manager and Quantity Surveyors to issue NEC contract documentation
o Ensure supply chain produce Clause 31 and Clause 32 programmes as required by NEC contract
o Ensuring electrical procurement is progressed in line with the project schedule whilst ensuring adequate oversight to protect the companies commercial position.
o Critical progress milestones are to be identified and included in all orders or subcontracts
o Production and management of Expediting Plan to ensure timely delivery of electrical elements of projects to the required standard and quality
o Manage Electrical Programme and provide monthly updates to project planners
o Manage Electrical Costs and provide monthly updates to Project Manager and Quantity Surveyors
o Ensure supply chain issue design documents for approval are issued in line with Clause 31 programme
o Review and accept supply chain design documentation
o Timely production of regular reports to senior managers
· Building and maintaining relationships with service delivery electrical maintenance technicians and Senior Authorised Persons within the Client organisation
· Providing reports and other briefings to service delivery on the electrical aspects of projects
· Liaison with the STW management team within both Asset Creation and Service Delivery
· Knowledge and experience of the electrical engineering commensurate with the project scope
· Knowledge and experience of Severn Trent Water M&E standards and WIMES
· Knowledge and experience of 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
· Review electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, FDS documents, P&I documents and instigate design change as and when necessary
· Ensure the technical solution delivery is consistent across the project life cycle from early involvement to completion
· Ensure best practice, technical bulletins and lessons learned are utilised
· Ability to read and analyse project programmes [Primavera P6] and other key schedule documentation
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ)
· Demonstrating safety excellence by ensuring design takes into account the future maintenance of operation of the plant
· Reviewing supply chain performance against KPIs and KPMs
· Implementing and refreshing initiatives to improve behaviours relating to SHEQ