- Job Type:
- Market related
North West London
My Client is a leading chemical manufacturer, who have an ambitious growth plan for the next three years. As part of this they are now recruiting key personnel to help deliver this strategy.
They are currently based in North West London at a purpose built facility, which currently employs over 170 people.
Overall purpose of job:
- Leadership, management and organisation of the Operational Warehouse and Production areas and teams to ensure business and customer requirements are met in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Support the Operations Director in implementing operational execution and improvements.
- Coordinate and support operational activities and projects to maintain momentum on business critical items.
- Responsible for the management of the Warehouse and Production staff
- Support the Operations Director to implement the Organisational Structure changes and recruitment decisions to grow the talent pool of the operation.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing staff as required.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive a Continuous Improvements culture and 5S/ Lean operation across Warehouse, Logistics and Production
- Take necessary actions including disciplinary action to ensure that expected standards of performance are met.
- Accountable for ensuring that all tasks have an appropriate SOP
- Own ISO procedures, reviews and actions.
- Develop Quality Assurance culture and adherence to Quality Management Standards
- Accountable for ensuring compliance to processes and standards.
- Accountable for Management and control the production forecasting, scheduling, and productions plans process.
- Aim to maximise the efficient operation of the business while satisfying customer and business expectations.
- Accountable for achievement of business and customer lead times to ensure orders are scheduled and delivered on time.
- Implement and run the S&OP process.
- Use the output of the S&OP process to manage the Operations response to changes in forecasts. Work with others to assess opportunities for improvement.
- Own Service Failure root cause analysis and rectification implementation.
- Input into NPD/process.
- Own the long-term capacity plan - assess Capacity vs requirements.
- Short term capacity fix implementation.
- Enforce compliance to processes and standards.
- Establish measured KPI’s for each area and implement reporting structures from hourly performance boards, daily and weekly performance meetings and monthly /quarterly reporting.
- Drive Operational Efficiency improvements.
- Drive cost reductions and Company cultures –create a pipeline of lean / Company projects.
- Support HoD’s personal development in people management by training, coaching and mentoring.
- Implementation of the Organisational Structure across Operations.
- Coordinate Operations Annual Appraisal activities inc ownership of the calibration process – ensuring timely, bi-annual completion across the warehouse.
- Extensive experience in managing large operational teams in an FMCG environment.
- Extensive experience of planning / forecasting and procurement in an FMCG environment.
- Experience in using Manufacturing CRM Systems.
- Formal training in 5S and other business improvement technique tools.
- Experience in FMCG high speed bottling / Chemical industry bottling / bulk liquid handling.
- Extensive experience in Inventory Management and Inventory Control