Lead Civil Structural Designer
- Job Type:
- Market related
First Recruitment Group - Manchester, Greater Manchester
Lead Civil Structural Designer
Are you a Lead Civil Structural Designer looking for work in Manchester?
- To support our extensive safety culture and to challenge unsafe behaviours
- To assist the lead engineer in leading both local and remote designer teams on multidiscipline projects, ensuring that all inter-disciplinary requirements are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Production of 3D models using software as required by the project (e.g. PDMS, Autoplant, Multisteel, advanced steel, Tekla) and ensuring adequate discipline interaction is undertaken to support this
- To produce steelwork detail /arrangement drawings and concrete arrangement /RC detail drawings to standard applicable for project phase and to assume technical responsibility for production of these deliverables to ensure the required safety and quality standards
- To have a practical approach to problems and situations if they occur, Incorporation of constructability and buildability in designs
- To provide the lead engineer with information to update man-hour and progress measurement reports, in time to support weekly/monthly reports for Clients
- To ensure any change of scope is highlighted to the lead engineer in a timely fashion and to provide input to the variation process where required
- To ensure that the client interface is given high priority
- To assist the lead engineer in review of client / vendor documentation to ensure acceptability where required
- To attend all progress meetings when required and ensure the lead engineer is fully aware of any problems affecting the productivity
- To maintain a pro-active, positive approach to project team communication, particularly in design review activities.
- To ensure timely completion of all project drawings and other deliverables within area of own responsibility
- Attend 3D Model reviews
- To ensure all documentation within the scope of responsibility is checked, reviewed and approved in accordance with the Company SOP requirements for that project.
- To give any necessary technical assistance (within limitations of own knowledge) to other members of the multi centred design team (design teams are commonly situated amongst several global locations. The lead designer will be responsible for supervision and direction of remote designer teams in the same way as with locally based teams)
- To proactively interact with workshare/ remote team counterparts. To take the lead in discussion and resolution of related issues.
- For team members they are responsible for supervising, to ensure a level of supervision is maintained that encourages empowerment and provides a flexible, responsive approach to the design, procurement and construction of the plant.
- Ability and willingness to mentor other team members both on the project and in the wider discipline
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our Civil Structural recruiters always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any Civil Structural Designer looking to work for a reputable organisation