Senior OHL Engineer
- Job Type:
Senior OHL Design Engineer
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior OHL Design Engineer to work with a Specialist Design Engineer company that provide Engineering support to the Transmission & Distribution sector.
This role will be responsible for producing OHL design with PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower as well as other design tools.
• OHL design with PLS-CADD in accordance with BS-EN50341.
• Production and checking OHL detailed drawing designs.
• Production of wind load cases in accordance with BS-EN50341 and BS6399.
• Analysis of structures with PLS-Tower.
• Design/analysis of OHL Foundations & production of foundation loads.
• Assist in tenders.
• Preparation of technical reports.
• Production of design concepts, drawings & specifications.
• Design input/output within the designated risk management process.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (or similar)
• A minimum 3 years’ experience in OHL design.
• Experience in PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower is essential.
• Previous experience in the producing designs, calculations, reports & drawings for overhead line projects from 11kV to 400kV
• Experience in CAD packages such, AutoCAD, BoCAD
• Knowledge of British and European Standards and technical specifications from utility providers
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.