- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
We are currently recruiting for a Package Manager on a contract basis in the Devonport area.
The primary purpose of the Package Manager is to lead and deliver distinct packages within the major project. This will include the likes of the following;
• To manage and control delivery of distinct package(s) of work as defined by the Project Manager.
• To ensure the scope of work definition will satisfy the project / package requirements.
• Development of plans, schedules and control of work information for defined packages, integrating with the wider project(s).
• To develop, monitor, forecast and report against budget.
• Undertake stakeholder management in relation to defined tasks.
• Ensure all works are planned and managed in a safe and appropriate manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have;
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g: civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services, construction management and/or building demolition preferably within a marine led environment.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a managerial capacity.
• Proven experience with managing teams and large scale infrastructure projects.
Preferentially, the candidate will be degree qualified in an engineering related discipline, or have a minimum of an HND (note a HND or equivalent level would need to be justified by a greater level of experience.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.