Head of Reporting
- Job Type:
Head of Reporting
• Lead and execute month-end and quarter-end P&L distribution and forecast consolidation for departments of responsibility
• Manage the central finance team for centre cost Companies
• Own the production of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reporting for the Babcock Group Head Office
• Ensuring the delivery of accurate and consistent data quality in the financial systems across the sector business lines
• Craft and manage SAP BPC reports, working closely with Group finance and Operating entities across Aviation
• Work with business operations, and other key stakeholders to generate requested reporting output
• Drive key insights and analytics
• Execute value-added analysis and provide decision support for special projects and initiatives
• Execute continuous process improvement
• Lead and execute year end external audit processes
• Help execute SAP implementation
• Ownership of internal timetables for the Sector required for managing all major finance programmes e.g. budget, forecast, strategic plan and audits.
• Provide technical guidance to the business as and when needed
• Consolidation, review and reporting of monthly, budget, forecast and strategic plans across the Aviation sector. Discuss results monthly with Assistant Director of Finance and Finance Director for the Sector.
• Control and manage ad-hoc head office reporting.
• Recommend amendments to the Business Processes, associated work instructions and controls supporting Reporting and the use of SAP BPC.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities.
• Materials in support of internal and external audit requirements.
• Production of timely and technically accurate monthly accounts with the lead reporting accountant.
• Regional reviews with the Sector Assistant director of finance
• Production of timely and technically accurate budget, forecast and strategic plan reports and presentations for the Sector Finance Director and subsequent submission to Group including liaison with Business Unit finance stakeholders.
• Managing the review and sign-off of Business Unit budgets, forecasts and strategic plans
• Production of timely and technically accurate statutory reporting e.g. statutory accounts and national statistics, where applicable for Sector controlled legal entities
• Managing the review and sign-off of Business Unit statutory reporting.
• Production and submission of year-end audit packs, tax packs and other Group reporting requirements.
• Processing of period and year end closure routines.
• Providing input to and support of internal and external audit requirements.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
• ICAEW ACA qualification or equivalent
• "Big 4" audit background, qualified in 2016, or 2017 (1 - 2 years PQE)
• Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
• Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
• Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting.
• Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP BPC, NAV IFS etc.
• Proven track record on SAP.
• Effective matrix management of the customers of the service and the other functional units within the Finance team.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.