- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Frimley or Portsmouth
Would you like the opportunity to work on interesting and dynamic projects, influencing the future development of Project Planning & Control across our latest submarine platforms? We currently have a vacancy for a Project Planner to be based either out of Frimley or Portsmouth.
As a Project Planner, you will support the Project Manager to deliver their scope of work by developing and maintaining accurate Level 3 and 4 schedules and supporting documents (for multiple programmes). The Planner will also create regular reports to inform the Project Manager and offer recommendations /options when forecasting and planning. The Planner will also perform an essential role when implementing change into the schedules and ensuring governance and accuracy is maintained.
This is a growing part of the organisation and is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Complex Systems and Support area of Maritime Submarines, which designs, builds, integrates and supports all the Submarine Combat Systems in the UK fleet. We operate an excellent flexible working policy and welcome all applicants including possible job share and flexible working hours.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Planner will involve
• Producing/maintaining a set of Level 3/4 schedules, ensuring the accuracy of the plans and client planning rules are followed.
• Gathering monthly project progress (from internal and external stakeholders) in order to update schedules in line with project reporting timelines and best practice.
• Assisting the Project Manager in regular reporting requirements, including creation and analysis of Earned Value Management and other schedule performance metrics
• Ensuring correct governance and project change procedures are followed and accurate schedules are maintained
• Preparing reports and recommendations to inform Project Manager and aid decision making for Estimate at Completion and Rolling Wave planning/forecasting activities. This will include Milestones data, Man-hour & cost analysis, resource planning etc
• Producing scenario plans in line with project manager's requirements.
Your skills and qualifications
• Previous experience in planning / project controls within a complex environment
• Foundation Degree/ HNC / HND / Certificate in Planning or equivalent level of qualification
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• Previous experience of Primavera P6 is desirable but not essential
What we're looking for in you
You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders. You will be a team player and able to prioritise your workload effectively.
This role will enable you to develop your skills and experience and open opportunities in the business.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our Indirect Contracts & Procurement consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.