Senior Technical Support Specialist
- Job Type:
- £40k - 55k per year
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Specialist in the Performance Materials and Technologies, Fluorine Products business. Under the direction of the Global Technical Support Manager the Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for delivering superior customer satisfaction with the HPS Technical Support; response, communication, and resolution of cases by working closely within a Global team.
The Sr TSS will support the full portfolio control system products. Including supporting, trouble shooting & fault-finding, depending on receipt of their global customers, ranging from Chemicals, Pharma and Life Sciences etc.
What will you be doing?
- You will work within a team of dedicated global technical resources focused on delivering customer satisfaction excellence for the designated system areas and that the issue has been resolved before the case is closed (in SFDC).
- You will ensure that each customer’s experience meets the high standard of Technical Support with avant-grade results.
- You will make sure that each customer has technical engagement within our published target response and resolution times and that we correctly investigate and resolve the reported issue and symptoms.
- You will prioritise your cases daily and ensure they are handled by the most appropriate resource / function within the global organization.
- You will share timely communication and status updates with customers on the progress of their case until resolution.
- You will actively drive and ensure compliant usage of Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) within the team to resolve and document cases.
- You will engage in the generation of new articles as well as updating existing articles for all problem cases.
- You will actively share knowledge articles with customers, HPS service and project engineers (wiki, recorded webinars, YouTube, monthly sessions, knowledge sharing mails, forums, etc.).
- You will improve the case handling process by developing Data Collection Guidelines, Audit Documents and other tools
- You will actively engage in product readiness from a Technical Support perspective (NPI, product training availability, test equipment, software access, RQUP).
- You will work with Technology to ensure that product issues are being addressed according to agreed customer communication and resolution time frames.
We’re looking for?
- A degree in (not limited too) Measurement & Control or Computer Science, or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Experience in client service relationships, predominately Dell Servers & stations.
- Understanding of patching, migrations, or OS Software, or Third partner software like Acronis, Symantec etc.
- Working knowledge of: OPC – Object linking and embedding for personal computers; PCDI – Ideally and knowledge of CDA.
- Ability to support migrations in progress via remote connections
- Good communication ability, both written and orally
- Experience in managing, or mentoring junior members of staff would be a plus.
- VM-Ware certification is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a well-known brand with a continued focus on innovation and growth.
- Join a dynamic team where most leaders are promoted from within.
- Market specific training and ongoing personal development.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme plus generous benefits.