- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Our client is looking for someone to generate, maintain and update accurate, engaging, user friendly documentation that adheres to their guidelines and standards. Documentation and Service Bulletins created will also be expected to comply with applicable customer contract requirements and international technical authoring specifications.
The purpose of the Technical Author role is to generate, maintain and update accurate, engaging, user friendly documentation that adheres to Cobham guidelines and standards.
Documentation and Service Bulletins shall also comply with applicable customer contract requirements and international technical authoring specifications.
• Create, edit and maintain technical documents, including equipment maintenance and operation manuals, data modules, component maintenance manuals, service bulletins to meet contract requirements.
• Support the technical verification and validation of technical documentation
• Working closely with IPT engineering personnel
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, internal partners and developers to validate content
• Ensure technical documentation is produced to required quality, timeframes and standards
• Interface with key outsource vendor contacts and subject matter experts to produce and maintain current documentation where required
• Ensure quality control of documentation in accordance with applicable customer and international technical authoring specifications and standards
• Maintain applicable (own) training for Technical Publishers
• Maintain records and files of all versions and revisions in conjunction with document control
• To co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
• Excellent and open interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
• Ability to work well within a team
• Positive, open, flexible 'can do' attitude
• Attention to detail and compliance to regulatory requirements
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years technical publications experience (preferably in aerospace sector)
• Technical writing experience / expertise and associated qualifications
• S1000D Data Module authoring experience
• ATA100 & ATA2200 authoring experience
• Competent in use of Simplified English
• Competent user of Adobe Framemaker
• Experience working with & ensuring adherence to information compliance parameters
• Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.