Bespoke Project Engineer
- Job Type:
Bespoke Project Engineer
Contract - 6 Months
We are currently recruiting for a Bespoke Project Engineer to join a team in Chichester on a contract basis.
• To manage and carry out the necessary electrical development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, Centre of Competence Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
• Developing and evaluating conceptual alternatives from the Process-Chain, and supplying cost information to Project Management & Purchasing for make or buy decisions.
• To financially evaluate bespoke features for engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc., and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops.
• Lead the Electrical Simultaneous Engineering Team and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business.
• Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the Lead Engineer
• To mediate any conflicts within the process chain, implement the solutions with best effect to the overall business, or escalate topics to the Lead Engineer that cannot be resolved
• Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Specifications, and other engineering documents
• To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D electrical wiring/pinning drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering System Release
• To lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" and to report/document the status when required
• To continually improve department processes and process "Building Blocks" in conjunction with colleagues throughout the complete bespoke organisation
• 5 years' experience in an Automotive (or similar) Engineering Electrical development environment
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive (or similar) Engineering or equivalent
• Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for electrical components with the ability to select appropriate wiring concepts, processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
• Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content
• Experience in automotive electrical project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
• Ability to create wiring/pinning diagrams for vehicle harnesses with interfaces to CAN/LIN bus systems
• Ability to carry out Programming and Parameterisation development of electrical ECUs/Drivers/Systems
• A sound knowledge of automotive feature development including development cost estimation, technical feature specification, DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time and weight requirements and also regarding test planning and development.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to meet the highest of automotive standards with regards to quality, robustness and the avoidance of undesirable levels of EMC
• An appreciation of and the ability to develop solutions with respect to the required electrical properties/requirements
• An understanding of vehicle and component measurement/validation systems
• CAD (Catia V5) competence would be beneficial, but not essential.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.