- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Our client is entering an area of unprecedented growth and they are looking for experienced and talented Test Technicians to join us to support the development of a wide range of state of the art products.
As part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies, you will be part of the development and supply of products across a diverse mix of commercial and military platforms, from Head Up and Helmet Mounted Displays on the military aircraft, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control System for civil airliners and Hybrid Power Systems for public transport vehicles.
• Working within an integrated manufacturing team, testing products to set target times and within the project schedule.
• Carrying out testing and fault-finding on a variety of new and mature analogue and digital electronics products such as Pilot Displays, Flight Controls and Flight Computers
• Fault-finding to component level using appropriate circuit diagrams and test equipment when a failure is identified
• Ensure unit compliance to test specifications and procedures.
• There may be some migration of this skill into other Technician disciplines such as inspection, fitting and/or wiring.
• The ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
• Testing and fault-finding experience (to component level)
• You will be conversant in workshop practices, quality standards and disciplines
• IT knowledge is important as our production aids, drawings, routings and most specifications are delivered electronically via a Manufacturing Execution System
• Can operate effectively as part of a larger team, demonstrating excellent communication skills
• Can actively support other team members or other teams and are able to provide constructive feedback
• Proactive in looking for improvement opportunities
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.