Electrical Engineer -
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer in the Barrow area on a contract basis.
Design and test electrical connectors for the oil and gas business. Must be capable of running a project and working with internal customers. As per Exemption based on new requirement to support funded HDMC development for SLB/BP in the GOM.
• Responsibility to design components, sub-assemblies and assemblies in accordance to specifications and requirements.
• Responsibility to modify existing designs in accordance to specification and requirements.
• Check and if necessary release designs from other colleagues following appropriate instructions. Design and revision control of engineering documentation considering appropriate instructions; define quality plans and purchasing specifications for purchased items.
• Develop test programs (FATs) for manufactured and purchased equipment.
• Prepare engineering documentation like assembly drawings, operation, installation and maintenance manuals and other product related documents and drawings, etc.
• Responsibility for testing and integration of designed products.
• Support colleagues in the company (also internationally) in case of questions and problems, manufacturing and aftermarket support.
• Ensure the companies procedures and actual standard and norms are followed within daily work.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Minimum Job Qualifications: B.S., M.S., or equivalent in Engineering from accredited University
• 2 years work experience.
• Education in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or mechatronics
• Knowledge, abilities and experience in the job as an electrical / mechanical engineer including national and international procedures
• Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
• Experience using ERP and MRP Systems, ideally SAP R3
• Willing to decide on their own and take responsibility for actions
• Knowledge of labor law, national and international regulations, company organization; Self-organized and adaptive
• Ability to guide people
• Ability to work in a team
• Resistance to stress
• Open mindedness
Nature of Impact:
The job has limited impact by assisting more senior engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring computation methods. Duties are assigned with detailed oral and written instructions. Work is reviewed in detail with direct guidance given. The impact is related only to the quality of execution.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.