- Job Type:
Infrastructure Analyst to support our infrastructure environment, focusing on server and storage.
• Prioritise and manage operational support issues along with project work.
• Plan and deploy infrastructure projects to a defined schedule.
• Communicate effectively with end users to minimise impact during changes.
• Work with a variety of business and technical contacts on initiatives/projects.
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system tools.
• Ensure up to date documentation on infrastructure supported systems.
• Manage assigned tickets, troubleshoot and resolve identified issues.
• Work to SLA thresholds for incidents, requests and problems.
• Utilise monitoring software to proactively respond to issues before clients are impacted.
• Automate tasks and processes using tools and scripting to improve efficiency.
• Comply with IT controls including change management procedures.
• Out of hours availability occasionally required for changes and outages.
• Windows server management
• SAN and storage array management
• VMware vSphere infrastructure
• Active Directory, O365 and On Prem Microsoft services (inc. Skype for Business)
• Experience working in an oil and gas industry is preferred
• Excellent written, verbal communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to work effectively in a small team
• Highly motivated, ability to work with a team in stressful situations
Working knowledge with the following:
• VMware Horizon View
• Linux server management
• General routing and switching
• PowerShell scripting
• F5 experience
• Database – SQL & Oracle
• Splunk, Solar Winds, monitoring tools
• Bachelor’s degree in IT related fields or equivalent experience
• At least five 5 years’ experience with the identified key skills.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.