Control Engineer (PES)
- Job Type:
- Market related
Position: Control Engineer (PES)
Type: Contract (within IR35)
Location: Warrington or Cumbria
Duration: Long Term
First Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Control PES Engineer.
- To be part of a team to deliver several projects / sub-contractors across the Sellafield Site.
- Experience and skills of Programmable Electronic Systems, Network architecture and associated software systems, preferable in security applications.
- Experience and application of the Design Process , “V” model and associated design documentation and deliverables, in line with the SL PES lifecycle documentation production.
- Experience of similar roles in a regulated environment advantageous
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the supply chain to ensure that Sellafield Ltd retains sufficient knowledge and understanding of delivered designs
- Ensuring safe & legal designs.
- Developing and maintaining design intent during the project delivery lifecycle.
- Ensuring that projects deliver design records to enable installation, commissioning, use and care to demonstrate that functional and security requirements are fulfilled via the project.
- Production of “golden thread” documentation, e.g. PFS, V&V, Basis of design.
- Act as interface between project delivery design team and EngA/system engineers
- Be SQEP WRT design delivery process and the art of design.
- Utilise specific SME’s in security in design and have the ability to call upon other design capability SME’s e.g. PES, Power, Blast and ballistics, Seismic.
- Undertake design surveillances(Audits) on supply chain design delivery processes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline or a chartered engineer & member of an appropriate institute.
- SC security cleared.
This position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum baseline personal security standard clearance and obtain a Sellafield P1 / P4 pass.