Human Factors Specialist
- Job Type:
- Market related
Human Factors Specialist x 2
Initial 12 Month Contract Role – Inside IR35
Working from home initially then will be Warrington/ Cumbria based
An experienced Human Factors Specialists is required to join the central team, the roles will be technically demanding, providing support to new plant design, plant operations, plant modifications and safety assessment.
As part of the role, successful candidates will be expected to:
• Identify and deliver a proportionate scope of HF activities for all types of design and/or safety case projects or modifications across site.
• Apply psychological and ergonomic theory to determine and apply appropriate HF activities, methods and compile arguments and evidence in support of:
• Safety Case
• Design of user interfaces, equipment, workspaces and environments
• Human error modelling for safety cases (both quantitative and qualitative).
• Safety critical task analysis, design and optimisation.
• Provision of Human Factors support into design projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly personable with experience dealing with individuals at all levels of an organisation.
• Understanding of Safety Case, Projects, Design Engineering and Commissioning processes and methods.
• Understanding of UK regulatory environment and relevant legislation – HASWA, Management of H&S at Work
Regulations, Nuclear Installations Act, IRR.
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders and regulators.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Sellafield Ltd site, the hazards posed, organisational structure, and processes.
- Degree qualified in Psychology, Ergonomics or Human Factors