Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Job Type:
- Market related
Are you looking for your next big opportunity and would working with a lead Engineering, Procurement, Consulting and Construction company be appealing to you?
My Client has been established within sustainable infrastructure for over 100 years and due to the continued growth within company they are now looking to expand their Mechanical Engineering function to support a recent project award.
As an experienced Mechanical Engineer you will be have the following key responsibilities:
- Prepares complex engineering deliverables
- Designs a complete project of moderately complex scope
- Provides recommendations for equipment and materials selection
- Prepares complex engineering calculations
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Plan and conduct independent evaluations, selection of engineering techniques and procedures
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
- Responsible for engineering work, leading smaller production teams, and serving as the responsible project manager
- Provides guidance and direction to others from the same project and discipline
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
- Recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering process within the Water industry
- Assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar related discipline
- Mechanical Engineering Design experience within clean water and wastewater including:
- Systems design
- Equipment specification
- Pumped and gravity hydraulic design
- Plant layout
- Change and risk management
- Preparation of technical and economic evaluations for mechanical plant.
- Working knowledge of clean water and wastewater engineering systems.
- Experience of typical codes and practices, CDM, procurement processes and document control.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels from Board level down to Graduates, Engineering and Design Leadership right through to graduate Engineering and Manufacturing roles, as well as Technical Sales & Sales Leadership.