Senior / Associate Architect (Education)
- Job Type:
Position: Senior / Associate Architect (Education)
Type: Temporary (Inside IR35)
A Senior / Associate Architect with an Architectural background is required to work on a 6 month contract basis in London.
Our client continues to be successful in the Education sector and in the last few weeks our client has secured a number of new schools and colleges for our Architects to design. Our clients have a requirement for one or two Senior / Associate-level Architects (Contract Workers) to join them to either lead on these new school design projects or to take on existing projects from current team members who will be taking on the new projects. Our clients are not sure what kind of market exists for experienced contract Architects in this sector but know that they need of any candidates submitted to be very experienced in the design of Schools and/or Colleges – our client need to be high quality designers who can take ownership for the delivery of projects and help maintain the great relationships that we have with Clients.
The initial opportunity is for a 6 month contract with ongoing extension likely. There is also the potential for temp-to-perm transfer if that is something the candidate wants to consider. Temp-to-perm is not essential and if candidates only want to remain Contract Workers then that is fine. Target base location is London or Epsom but can accommodate Contract Workers in Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham or Warrington if they have the right kind of experience of leading on projects with the Education / Schools sector.
• Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
• Ensuring design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture.
• Preparing feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
• Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
• Client and stakeholder facing responsibilities.
• Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media from 2D CAD to the latest 3D software packages.
• Part III Qualified Architect.
• Experience of working and delivering multiple projects within the Education Sector (Schools and Colleges).
• Passion for good design solutions.
• Working Knowledge of software’s including REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup (Desirable).
• Experience of producing strong design concepts.
• Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate to a high level.
• Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong teamwork skills.
• Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our Engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any Senior / Associate Architects who has Architectural background looking to work for a reputable engineering organisation.