- Job Type:
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: UK Wide
Type: Contract / Staff
Our client has a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer with a strong experienced background in engineering, who will be required to work on a contract / staff basis. This requirement is a UK wide position.
Our Clients believe that people matter. They know that to build successful and creative teams, they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where the individual will have the freedom to develop and grow to their full potential.
In order to ensure the above the individual must produce mechanical design layouts taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract. Where applicable the individual must ensure that mechanical plant is procured on time and within budget. The individual will produce superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on all contracts.
You will report directly to the Discipline Lead Engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that plant and equipment procured by the department is procured on time and to budget.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Monitor design costs and provide design services appropriate to the allowance available.
• Produce estimates and feedback for Proposals department.
• Co-ordinate designs with all other disciplines internal and external in order to ensure that all design elements are fully integrated.
• Provide services which focus on customer satisfaction.
• Recognise that satisfying the customer is the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
• Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
• Ensure that designs take account of environmental issues.
Required Skills / Experience:
• A minimum in HNC Mechanical Engineering with appropriate experience.
• Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts.
• General knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. civil engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management.
• Must have the principles of water and sewage treatment.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Mechanical Engineer’s looking for new employment.