- Job Type:
Position: Electrical Engineer - Water
Location: UK Wide
Type: Contract / Staff
Our client has a requirement for an Electrical Engineer with a strong experienced background in engineering, who will be required to work on a contract / staff basis. This requirement is a UK wide position.
Ensure that EICA designs are deployed effectively, economically and in accordance with all appropriate regulations and specifications to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on contracts. The individual will prepare, develop and check electrical designs to suit contract requirements.
You will report directly to the EICA Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
• Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates.
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts.
• Attend internal design meetings.
• Liaise with other design disciplines.
• Liaise with Network Operating Companies (NOC's).
• Carryout surveys at site visits.
• Review and approve/comment on sub-contractor designs.
• Gain approval of designs from Clients.
• Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at supplier’s premises and produce reports.
• Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Several years' experience in EICA design in water / process industry.
• Working knowledge of industrial electrical distribution systems including 11kV.
• Appreciation of automated control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Telemetry.
• Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations.
• Knowledge of power distribution systems and associated calculations.
• Electrical Engineering Degree, HND/BTEC.
• 17th Technical report writing skills.
• Edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualification.
• Must have water experience.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Electrical Engineer’s looking for new employment.