- Job Type:
Position: Civil Engineer - Water
Location: UK Wide
Type: Contract / Staff
Our client has a requirement for a Civil engineer with a strong experienced background in engineering, who will be required to work on a contract / staff basis. This requirement is a UK wide position.
Our client believe that people matter. They know that to build successful and creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. Our client provide an environment where the individual will have the freedom to develop and grow to their full potential.
In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract. The individual will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
You will report directly to the Civil Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department.
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department.
• Monitor and review the procedures and processes.
• Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
• Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contracts are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues.
• Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Membership of a professional institution chartered or nearing Chartership.
• Civil Engineering degree.
• A minimum of a Civil Engineering HND.
• Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts.
• Must have Water experience.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Civil Engineer’s looking for new employment.