QC Welding / Mechanical Inspector
- Job Type:
Position: QC Welding / Mechanical Inspector
Our client has a requirement for a QC Welding / Mechanical Inspector with an experienced background in the Nuclear Industry, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Cumbria.
• Promote a Nuclear and personal Safety Culture.
• Ensure the quality standards of the joint venture and the client are consistently met and compliant with the specifications.
• Encourage continuous improvement across the project.
• Promotion and implementation of the project quality management system and joint venture process.
• Interact with project construction and suppliers in accordance with ITP’s to ensure correct fabrication & installation.
• Conversant with nuclear fabrication specifications.
• Fluent with material certification review.
• Participate with audit activities both at supplier’s works and on-site.
• Timely, effective and concise reporting.
• Promote a disciplined approach to supplier deliverable approval and concurrent review of life time quality records.
Essential Skills / Requirements:
• 5 years or more within nuclear experience working in a QA function or QC function with development into QA via lead audit and CQI membership.
• Oversight of subcontractors, compilation and review of lifetime records.
• Understanding of ISO 9001 quality management systems.
• Maintenance of package status & progress reporting, raising issues and liaising with the project and client QA/QC team.
• CSWIP qualified Welding Inspector 3.1 or 3.2.
• PCN II Qualified in LPI/MPI/RI.
• NEBOSH / IOSH / CCNSG Safety Passport training.
• Understanding and familiarity of working within a team culture and JV environment
• 5 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
• Experienced with major project delivery
• Suitably qualified and experienced person for the applicable role
BPSS Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for QC Welding / Mechanical Inspector’s looking for new employment.