- Job Type:
12 Month Contract
Our client has a requirement for a Cost Engineer, who will be required to work on a 12 Month contractbasis in Warrington.
At this level a Senior Cost Engineer (PMO Cost Specialist (Advanced)) is responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management, change management and benefits management independently primarily in complex situations across P3M. Ability to developing and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on these budgets and change management.
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW).
- Responsible for the monitor, control and validation of project’s accruals and commitments and the control of resource and financial forecast data.
- Management and control of cost risk budget and drawdown and input into the risk management process.
- Management and control of financial change management on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements.
- Provision of internal and external financial performance & cost reports including earned value and variation analysis.
- Alignment of cost management with schedule and contract.
- Maintain cost elements within ERP.
- Key point of contact with the client and the project accountant for all financial budget and change control.
- Develop appropriate internal CBS and Control Accounts that are aligned to scope, contract and WBS.
- Provide cost management support to bid and project initiation phases to ensure project are correctly set up and initiated.
- Ensure cost management is aligned to the estimates and estimating process.
- Analysing, vetting and interrogating the Contract Specification to ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements including Project gate and phase reviews for the Project Life cycle.
- Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery.
- Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs with regards to cost management.
- Contribute to the identification of project risks, quantification of financial impact and cost risk analysis.
- Responsible for managing and controlling project cost risk contingency and its drawdown.
- Day to day management, assurance and control of project booking code approval and closure (including purchase orders).
- Management of the project cost change register and associated impact assessments.
- Production and submission/management of payment claims to client.
- Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets.
- Maintain project EAC’s, outturn costs and sales and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline.
- Support the PM/Finance Controller in the production and analysis of coast/sale performance.
- What-if cost modelling scenarios.
- Support to commercial management.
- Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts.
- Recording of lessons learned in company LFE register.
- Control account close out reports and support to final project close out report.
- Attending and contributing the business Project Controls Communities of Practise.
- Significant experience of applying budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector.
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3-4/JCT etc.) including resolution of claims and disputes.
- Previous experience of supervisory / line management in cost estimating, cost engineering or project controls environment.
- Advanced knowledge of cost management techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Advanced Estimating.
- Quantity surveying.
- Quantitative risk analysis experience.
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
- HNC level qualification (or equivalent) in cost engineering or quantity surveying ideally a bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
- ECITB QCF Level 5 Diploma in Cost Engineering (Cost Control).
- Have a professional qualification and membership (eg APM/Acoste/RICS) (or equivalent).
BPSS Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Cost Engineer’s looking for new employment.