- Job Type:
Our client has a requirement for a BIM Technician, who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Cambridge.
Responsible for the delivery of BIM related aspects of the new Cambridge Relocation Project. The role with cover all elements of the project including water recycling infrastructure and non-infrastructure, sludge treatment, highways, renewables, and landscaping. The role will be responsible for producing quality engineering deliverables to programme to support the Development Consent Order (DCO) process, detailed design, construction, commissioning and completion.
- Working with the BIM coordinator will be responsible for adhering to the project technologies plan.
- Will help map project outputs against technologies adhering to the architecture of project BIM systems.
- Will promote and ensure compliance with Cambridge Project Specific procedures around BIM delivery, including technology selection, data management, supply chain integration, governance and deliverable production.
- The procedures being developed align with the desire of the project to build from the model and to be compliant with PAS1192.
- Working with the BIM coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the structure of the model section of the chosen CDE, BIM 360.
- Working with the BIM coordinator will be responsible for maintaining all BIM related infrastructure. This will include the federated model, its attributes and associated databases.
- Will contribute to the management of a strong BIM interface with the supply chain including information flows, standards, formats and workflows.
- Provide input to the pre-construction Health and Safety Plan, including risk assessments, so that it can be prepared and updated at appropriate intervals.
- Provide input to the Designers Health and Safety File and Quality Assurance File and ensure it is reviewed and updated accordingly.
Essential Skills / Requirements
- Engineering based degree.
- Demonstrable experience in undertaking design of various engineering assets in the water industry.
- Experience in one or more of Revit, Civil 3D or Plant 3D.
- Demonstrable knowledge of PAS1192.
- Demonstrates commitment to consistent collaboration.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Has a passion for the water industry.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for BIM Technician’s looking for new employment.