Senior HVAC Engineer
- Job Type:
Senior HVAC Engineer
12 Month Contract
Our client has a requirement for a Senior HVAC Engineer, who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis in Cumbria.
To support the HVAC Capability team delivering projects for the client in all aspects of HVAC and Building Services with knowledge and experience in nuclear standards and processes, specifically the delivery of the design of HVAC Systems or modification to existing HVAC Systems. Able to be client facing and demonstrate confidence as a subject matter expert hence able to support all stakeholders.
Job Role Expectations
- Reporting to the HVAC Manager/Principal Engineer.
- Have experience of working within Building Services Engineering design consultancy practice.
- Production of system schematics / Engineering Flow Diagrams (EFDs).
- An appreciation of quality assurance and business management.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients.
- An enquiring approach with a desire to explore innovative ideas whilst still understanding the need for a good commercial balance.
- Must be of smart appearance with a professional attitude and enthusiastic.
- Being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Available to travel short term in UK.
- Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential.
- Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures (preferred but not essential).
- Awareness of EG_0_1738_1 - Ventilation of Radioactive Areas.
- Ability to manage his/her own time effectively to ensure tasks are delivered to budget and timescale.
- Knowledge & experience in nuclear containment ventilation.
- Experience in the production of HVAC system design deliverables, specifying heat rejection plant (eg. air / water cooled condensers, heat pumps and heat recovery systems of varying types. The design of HVAC systems for cooling industrial process environments.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry.
- Able to produce and check psychrometric calculations.
- Knowledge of steam and condensate processes and steam system design.
- Use of industry standard software such as Hevacomp and Pipenet.
- Thermal modelling experience would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Autocad packages and its capabilities.
- Experience in the delivery of written work, e.g. Functional Specifications, Basis of Design, Equipment Specifications and Validation and Verification plans.
- Able to mentor junior staff, graduates and apprentices in nuclear ventilation design.
- Have at least 10yrs demonstrable experience in delivering in Building Services design.
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or a minimum of 10 years HVAC design experience.
BPSS Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior HVAC Engineer’s looking for new employment.