- Job Type:
Our client has a requirement for a Document Controller, who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Brighton.
Key Accountabilities of the Job
- Completion of systems change activities to defined procedures.
- Administration of systems access requests in line with processes and procedures.
- Championing of data management principles, processes, procedures, and standards within the common data environment.
- Uploading and management of information within the eDMS in line with best practice standards.
- Review, management and uploading of information held on sites for projects.
- Understanding and adhere to legal, contract and information management requirements.
- Deal with enquiries efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out other project and non-project related activities as required.
- Assist in the production and supply of electronic and hard copy documents (where appropriate).
- Provide training to operational team and suppliers in use of the team eDMS systems.
- Provide assurance to Senior Information Systems Manager by ensuring that all systems & information are maintained in line with expectations and available for the JV Audit Programme in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement areas for improvement and share best practice.
Required Skills / Experience / Knowledge
- Proven experience of SharePoint and Active Directory systems administration/configuration.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- An understanding of basic data/information principles and practices.
- Wider experience of systems administration/configuration.
- Proven experience in document control function.
- Several years’ experience in a similar role in a construction or related industry.
- Knowledge of BIM standards desirable.
- Highly organised with an attention to detail, ability to plan and prioritise own workload, able to work effectively to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and senior engineers in both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and team worker.
- Full UK driving licence and the ability to travel.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Document Controller’s looking for new employment.