Principal CS&A Engineer
Dumfries and Galloway
- Job Type:
Principal CS&A Engineer
Clyde - Scotland
Our Client has a requirement for a Principal CS&A Engineer, who will be required to work on a contract basis, in Clyde - Scotland.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
- Ensure effective management of team to ensure timely & efficient delivery of design work to meet customer agreed scope.
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas.
- Supporting the preparation of designs for facilities, structures and infrastructure of varying complexity, including production of relevant models and drawings using Autodesk products, particularly Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks throughout the various stages of the design process.
- Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver design solutions. Promote effective co-operation across design and other functional teams.
- Where required allocate discipline tasks to allocated team of technicians, check team drawing outputs, and ensure integration of inter discipline design in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Become point of contact with engineering colleagues and various stakeholders for multi discipline related issues during design lifecycle, lead design reviews and ensure integration and functionality of design.
- Maintain effective methods of client communication and design presentation.
- Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- Support in the solution of problems of varying complexity that may arise during the design stage, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project, the estimate to complete assigned tasks.
- Understand, support and lead the process for developing and implementing BIM compliant systems and processes.
- Act as SME for CS&A design and detailing software.
- May be required to carry out various specific BIM roles on projects if required.
- Contribute to learning from experience (LfE) requirement, during and post project.
- Maintain knowledge of current best practice in application expertise across the design lifecycle, including customs and standards and ensure these are communicated to and embedded in project teams.
- Promote a culture of best practice in design expertise and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change.
- Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.) Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
- Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates.
- Support business development opportunities.
- HNC minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification.
- Demonstrable experience across the full lifecycle of design activities.
- Extensive knowledge of CAD tools and BIM processes.
- Knowledge of General Engineering and Architectural Drawing Practice.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
- The role requires a good understanding of engineering, architectural and design practices as relevant to their discipline and is embedded in a design team or may work across multiple design teams.
- The Principal CS&A Technician should have a wealth of experience across the full lifecycle of CS&A design.
- The role requires excellent knowledge of CAD, written and verbal communication skills, a depth of specialist knowledge and experience related to relevant subject areas and an excellent understanding of CDM and design for construction.
- The role also requires a concise understanding and ability to apply BIM principles and processes.
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable experience.
SC Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal CS&A Engineer’s looking for new employment.