- Job Type:
Our Client has a requirement for an EC&I Engineer, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Hinkley. Travel may be required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
The Site Engineer will deliver allocated packages of work from assignment to close out as part of the team or as an embedded member in our clients organisation. This will require project management and close collaboration with the client, other team members and contract partners to ensure work is delivered safely in line with stakeholder requirements.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Safely manage the delivery of assigned work packages through collaborative working with other team members and members of our client’s organisation.
- Review technical documentation in preparation for delivery phase of assigned work packages.
- Produce project documentation including RAMS, Quality Plans, Work Order Cards, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver work packages.
- Ensure work is planned according to local processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
- Perform walk downs with contractors to review upcoming tasks and obtain quotes as required.
- Facilitate and chair project meetings such as readiness reviews.
- Ensure work package risks are communicated appropriately.
- Review and approve contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site including review to confirm delivery team members are SQEP.
- Ensuring all work packages under their control are suitably assessed and reviewed to ensure that a suitable and sufficient SSOW is in place and is reviewed if any significant change occurs.
- Ensuring all Tasks under their control are risk assessed in accordance with the relevant procedure (CNL or Customer procedure).
- Management and setting to work of sub-contractors.
- Deliver pre and post job briefs, and setting to work meetings as required.
- Ensuring all Tasks under their control are adequately supervised.
- Set and maintain client & customer standards and expectations throughout the work package life cycle.
- Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviors.
- Ensure work is undertaken in accordance with CNL initiatives such as People Who Do the Right Thing and People Who Lead Safely.
- Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are updated and closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
- Ensuring adequate time is allowed during shift changes to ensure effective transfer of information.
- Perform other duties assigned by the site manager within the competency of the site engineer role.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- HNC/HND in an appropriate Engineering discipline where augmented with specific experience.
- Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution (I.Eng) (preferred).
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in similar role over a range of engineering topics.
- Experience should include all phases of a complex, multi-discipline project, in a regulated environment (preferably nuclear).
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in construction site management over a range of engineering topics.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Minimum level of Qualifications to be verified.
- Engineering degree, HNC/HND (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with demonstrable experience.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for EC&I Engineer’s looking for new employment.