Business Continuity Planner
- Job Type:
Business Continuity Planner
12 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Business Continuity Planner, who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis. This requirement is remote with 1 day per week/2 weeks in either Warrington or Cumbria office.
The IT Service Continuity Lead will report to the Service Assets and Finance Manager and be responsible for the day to day running of the IT Service Continuity function.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Build and establish the functions of IT Service Continuity.
- Ownership of the policies, standards and guidelines that ISO teams and/or the Service Provider, should adhere to relating to IT Service Continuity.
- Act as the champion for the IT Service Continuity processes in ISO and ensure the processes are clearly understood by the ISO Project Teams and the Service Provider.
- Ensure the Service Provider’s adherence to all policies and processes relating to IT Service Continuity.
- Mentoring of the relevant stakeholders in the functions of IT Service Continuity.
- Ensure a regular reporting mechanism is in place to support the needs of the Service Management teams.
- Ensure the relevant toolsets are maintained for IT Service Continuity.
- Perform escalation where necessary to the Service Assets & Finance Manager.
- Contribute to the Continuous Service Improvement process as appropriate.
- To define, build and establish the scope of the IT Service Continuity function.
- To mentor and upskill the IT Service Continuity team members covering all aspects of the function.
- To advise both ISO colleagues and the Service Provider on IT Service Continuity strategy and priorities.
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Subject Matter Expert in IT Service Continuity.
- Experience of setting up functions including people, process and technology.
- Enterprise level of understanding of IT Service Continuity.
- Knowledge of Service Management Best Practice.
- Experience of managing Tier 1 IT Service Providers.
- Experience of team management.
- Experience of Service Management toolsets.
- Good communication skills with the ability to inform others using technical knowledge.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to spot trends and patterns.
- Computer literate, including a good working knowledge of relevant computer software.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate essential.
- ITIL V3 Capability/Lifecycle/Practitioner desirable.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Business Continuity Planner’s looking for new employment.