Senior Design Manager (Infrastructure & Non- Infrastructure)
- Job Type:
- £60k - 70k per year
Our Client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Design Manager (Infrastructure & Non- Infrastructure) for their @one Alliance framework. The @one Alliance is a totally collaborative organisation made up of seven partner companies and their extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
The @one Alliance are heading into their latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see them deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years.
Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
What will you be doing as our new Senior Design Manager (Infrastructure & Non- Infrastructure)?
As our new Senior Design Manager, you’ll be fully responsible for all aspects of design for assigned projects and portfolio projects, including managing resource and engineering outputs. You’ll be responsible for CDM principal designer duties ensuring technical outputs meet the requirements of TOTEX delivery process, as well as meeting project affordability within timescale agreed with the project teams whilst providing technical support during assembly.
- Complete designs as required aligned with the @one alliance procedures and project needs whilst embracing BIM360 and owning the development of 3D models for all projects
- Ensure that the change control process and technical query process are adhered to on all projects
- Embrace and adopt standard products
- Apply innovative thinking to generate ideas to improve the efficiency of @one design activities; implement these ideas
- Plan resource as required ensuring ‘best for task’ principles are upheld and individual development goals for all engineering staff are achieved
- Maintain excellent stakeholder communications across the alliance by acting as a key interface between Operations, Construction and Commissioning
- Ensure that the engineering team is working effectively and delivering appropriate design deliverables on a right first-time philosophy
- Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design. Eliminate hazards and reduce risks during design
- Utilise the skills and knowledge of all team members; encourage an environment of continuous improvement where coaching and mentoring is provided to keep energy, focus and morale as high as possible
What MWH offer
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
About The Candidate
To be considered for this exciting opportunity within the @one Alliance, you’ll hold a degree, HNC or HND in Engineering and have extensive experience in a technical role. You’ll demonstrate experience with the management of designs and multi-disciplinary projects and the capability to inspire, encourage and support others to achieve critical tasks and outcomes.
You’ll manage situations proactively, with the ability to think and plan ahead as well as owning excellent organisation skills in order to organise own and team’s workload and priorities. You’ll show resilience by maintaining energy and focus when under pressure and experiencing significant setbacks alongside being open to new challenges and provide the drive to continuous improvement.